Having already posted My Summer Essentials, it’s time to move on to the fun stuff. The first post was practical. This one is all about colorful shades that represent summer beauty. Most of the colors I reach for resemble sunny weather and ocean waves. If I’ve previously reviewed the product, I linked the names so you can see my thoughts. But of course I recommend all of these or they wouldn’t be included.
Bright warm cheeks are one of my favorites. Coral, orange, pink…I love them all!
- Jemma Kidd Showstopper Water Resistant Bronzer
- Sonia Kashuk Illuminating Bronzer in Goddess
- theBalm Hot Mama Blush/Shadow
- Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Spice (FOTD here)
- Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Sunset (FOTD here)
- Sonia Kashuk Crème Blush in Petal – This is a perfect base for layering under powder blushes. The combination is always beautiful and provides staying power in the heat and humidity.
- Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso over Sonia Kashuk Crème Blush in Petal
- Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
At this point you need to know that there are two other blushes I am dying to get. The only reason I haven’t gone out and purchased them yet is because the shades lean red, which I find incredibly flattering at the end of summer and early fall. They are Sonia Kashuk Crème Blush in Rosey and Tarte Achiote Amazonian Clay Blush. The lip colors from the Tarte set are also in my picks
My lips are now wearing brighter colors, though I love my reds too.
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Color in Ravish Me Red
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Amsterdam – I read somewhere that this is supposed to be a dupe for Revlon’s discontinued matte Strawberry Suede. I still want to get my hands on Strawberry Suede to verify this.
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Gloss in Strawberry
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter in Sweet Tart
- Sonia Kashuk Satin Luxe Lip Color in Sunkissed*
- Sonia Kashuk Velvety Matte Lip Crayon in Pinky Nude
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Gloss in Sunset Peach layered over Sonia Kashuk Velvety Matte Lip Crayon in Pinky Nude
- Revlon ColorBurst Lip Gloss in Sunset Peach
- Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Peach
- Clinique Chubby Stick in Mega Melon*
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lip Gloss in Coral Reef
Summer lips…I just love ’em! I have such a hard time choosing from these shades and generally narrow it down by the texture I’m going for.
*Bonus points to these for having SPF 15.
Most of the year, I try and accentuate my eyes. Lately I’ve been keeping it rather simple. I’ve reached for a mix of neutral shades and blues. I go neutral when I want my lips to pop and blue if I feel like rocking a neutral lip shade.
- Milani Liquif’eye Liner in Brown
- Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Liner in Black Orchid – I absolutely love this shade. Love it. Love it love it love it. Perfect when I want drama without using an actual black.
- The Policeman from theBalm and the Beautiful (aka Great Gonzo from theBalm Muppets Cast Your Shadow)
- Sonia Kashuk Eye on Pure Color Shade 10
- Sonia Kashuk Eye on Pure Color Shade 11
- Sonia Kashuk Eye on Pure Color Shade 12
- Matt Schilling from theBalm Meet Matt(e)
- Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow – bronze shade
- Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow as a base for Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral Shade 4
- Sonia Kashuk Eye on Neutral Shade 4
- Sonia Kashuk Eye Shadow Quad in Shimmering Sands – tan shade
- Sonia Kashuk Eye Shadow Quad in Shimmering Sands – light beige shade
Warmer weather places a challenge on keeping my makeup in place. If you have the same problem, be sure to see my earlier post on Foundation and Humidity.
Do you find yourself opting for vibrant hues in summer? What are some of your favorites?