Products marked with * were a gift.
Since purchasing the Urban Decay Ammo Palette, I’ve been trying to come up with an eye look using Last Call. Something that was a little outside my typical wear. I originally planned to pair it with Chopper, but the glitter fall-out from that shade makes me crazy. So I moved on to my Shady Lady Palettes from theBalm (swatches here) and had much more success complementing the almost cranberry color of Last Call.
- Primer: Benefit POREfessional
- Foundation: Makeup For Ever HD in 127
- Concealer: Tarte Maracuja Creaseless in Medium and NARS Radiant Creamy in Custard
- To set: NARS Light Reflecting Powder
- Contour: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer
- Cheeks: Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Peaceful
- Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Outer V and Crease: Urban Decay Last Call
- Center of Lid: theBalm Curvy Cami
- Inner Crease: theBalm Shameless Shana
- Inner 1/3 of Lid, Browbone, Inner 1/3 of lower lashline: theBalm Devilish Danielle
- Upper Lashline: Tarte Amazonian Clay Liner in Black
- Lower Lashline: theBalm Shameless Shana
- Waterline: Too Faced Perfect Eyes in Perfect Brown
- Mascara: Revlon Lash Potion
- Brows: Tarte emphasEYES Brow Mousse, Anastasia Brow Gel in Espresso
- Liner: Beauty for Real*
- Lipstick: Too Faced La Cream In the Buff
- Lip gloss: Beauty for Real in Turned on*
The eyes are very shimmery, and I rather like it that way. For less shimmer, Shameless Shana can be swapped out for any matte blending shade and the browbone could be done with a matte nude. I still recommend keeping a shimmer at the inner 1/3 of the lid and lower lashline to keep the eyes bright and awake.
I went way outside of the box for my typical makeup lately and absolutely love it. Last Call is a gorgeous color and I hope to get more use out of it.
The one product listed above that I simply don’t care for is the Makeup For Ever HD Foundation. The shade is dead on. And the formula isn’t problematic. But it is more sheer than I’d like and it draws out the texture of the skin on my forehead (I was able to work around it with photos taken at the right angle and some merciful cropping). I am still curious about Mat Velvet + as well as Face & Body. Do you recommend either of those?