I was stuck in a neutral eye rut recently. I wasn’t sick of the look, but I also needed some inspiration to get myself back in the swing of things. I wanted something vivid and bold on my brown eyes. I found exactly the color ideas I needed from a somewhat unlikely source….Phyrra‘s hair. Her neon peacock hair to be specific.
Pink and purple shadow, teal liner, bright lips. Exactly the way I translate Phyrra’s hair into makeup.
- Primer: theBalm Time Balm
- Foundation: Tarte Amazonian Clay Foundation in Tan
- Concealer: Benefit Boi-ing 02
- To set: NARS Light Reflecting Powder, Urban Decay All Nighter Spray
- Contour: Too Faced Chocolate Soleil
- Cheeks: Sonia Kashuk Beautifing Blush in Flamingo
- Primer: NARS Pro Prime Smudgeproof
- Lid: Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Flushed
- Outer Corner and Crease: theBalm The Brain Surgeon
- Inner Corner: theBalm Safe Bet Annette
- Lower Lashline: theBalm Open to Offers Olwen
- Waterline: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Mainline
- Eyeliner: Tarte Amazonian Clay Liner in Black
- Mascara: Revlong Lash Potion
- Brows: Tarte emphasEYES Eyebrow Pencil in Medium, Sonia Kashuk Clear Brow Gel
- Liner: Too Faced Perfect Lip Perfect Pink
- Color: Too Faced La Creme Fuchsia Shock
I often replicate color schemes from fashion photos to create makeup palettes. Using hair? That was a lot of fun. Now I just need to find the right aquas and teals to go with Phyrra’s Atomic Turquoise!
What most recently inspired you to wear color?