NARS Kalahari has become quite a favorite of mine recently and I wanted to kick it up a notch with a dramatic smoky eye. I’ve also been working on eyeliner technique and was happy to put both together in one look. I kept the eye heavy and smokey but didn’t want to go completely neutral on the rest of my face. I instead chose items with peach tones for both the lips and cheek. The overall is look is very dramatic and not something I’ll wear on a daily basis. Since its creation, however, I’ve toned it down to a daytime bronze smoky eye and peach cheeks and lips and it looks lovely! Is spring here yet? I want more peach!
Get the look with NARS And God Created the Woman eyeshadow palette.
- Primer: Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Lid and Lower Lashline: Kalahari / Outer V and Outer Crease: Coconut Grove
- Inner Crease and to blend: Bellisima
- Browbone and Inner Corner: Alhambra
- Eyeliner: MAC Eye Kohl in Smolder / Stila Stay All Day Liquid Liner in Black
- Mascara: MakeUp For Ever Smoky Lash
- Brows: Sonia Kashuk Brow Definer in Taupe / Anastasia Brow Gel in Espresso
- Concealer: Tarte Maracuja Creaseless Concealer in Medium
- Foundation: Urban Decay Naked Skin 6.0
- Contour: Tarte Mineral Bronzer in Park Avenue Princess
- Cheeks: Sonia Kashuk Beautifying Blush in Sunset
- To set: NARS Light Reflecting Setting Powder
- Color: Stila Color Balm Lipstick in Isla
It was fun testing the limits of my typical makeup application over the last few days. I’m working on a couple personal challenges for spring with colors I don’t normally wear and I look forward to sharing tips on making those seasonal trends work! What are some ways you challenge your beauty routine?